Sexual harassment happens every day—across industries—to ordinary people. Despite its pervasiveness, many cases go unreported because of, among other reasons, uncertainty as to what actually constitutes harassment.
Sexual Harassment: The Untold Story (California) explains sexual harassment as outlined by the California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA). California’s FEHA defines sexual harassment as harassment based on sex or of a sexual nature; harassment based on gender identity, gender expression or transgender status; and harassment based on pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions. The course covers the details of this state law:
- California Sexual Harassment Regulations
- The California Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA)
- California Senate Bill 396 requirements
- California Senate Bill 1343 requirements
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission’s Sexual Harassment Definition