The magazine's fifth annual contest broke last year's records, with 71 entries and 24 winning products. Winners will receive their trophies at this year's National Safety Council Congress & Expo in Chicago.
DALLAS, August 21, 2013 – Twenty-four companies, including multiple category winners DuPont Sustainable Solutions, 3M, and Ergodyne, were recognized today for winning Occupational Health & Safety magazine's record-setting fifth annual New Product of the Year contest. The awards will be distributed during the 2013 National Safety Congress & Expo taking place at Chicago's McCormick Place. Editor Jerry Laws and other staffers from the magazine will present trophies to the winning companies in the expo hall.
This year's contest attracted a record 71 products in 22 award categories, with an independent panel of three highly qualified judges choosing the winners.
"The wide spectrum of innovative products these leading manufacturers have introduced during the past year shows us the safety and health marketplace is dynamic and growing. And the competition was especially fierce this year in categories such as hand protection, on-site training, fall protection, and vision protection," Editor Jerry Laws said. "I congratulate all of the entrants on their fine work and thank them for participating. We hope they'll enter next year's contest, as well."
"Some fabulous new products this year!" agreed Linda J. Sherrard, MS, CSP, safety consultant II for the North Carolina Department of Public Safety (Raleigh, NC) and
former technical editor of OH&S. She served as a judge of the contest along with Frank McDaniel, safety director at Helix Electric (San Diego, CA), and Joe E. Beck, professor in the Eastern Kentucky University Department of Environmental Health Sciences (Richmond, KY) and a member of the OH&S editorial advisory board.
To be eligible for the 2013 awards, products must have been introduced to the market between July 5, 2012, and July 4, 2013.
The award winners, the categories in which they won, and their winning products are:
- DuPont Sustainable Solutions: Online Training, CoastalFlix™
- DuPont Sustainable Solutions: On-Site Training, HazCom: In Sync with GHS
- 3M: Hearing Protection, 3M™ Peltor™ Ground Mechanic WS™ Solutions Headset
- 3M: Fall Protection, Latchways Personal Rescue Device™ PRD™ with 3M™ Elevation™ Harness
- 3M: Vision Protection, ZT35 Prescription Safety Eyewear
- Ergodyne: Ergonomics, ProFlex® 385RF Reflective Kneeling Pad with Reflective Edge
- Ergodyne: Lockout/Tagout and Machine Guarding, Arsenal® Buddy System™
- Scott Safety: Respiratory Protection, 5.5 Air-Pak 75i SCBA
- 3E Company: Hazmat Safety, 3E Online Safety Card Module
- KHA Online-MSDS™: MSDS Management, KHA Online-MSDS™ Proxy Appliance
- DeLorme: Emergency Response, inReach SE
- Sensidyne, LP: Industrial Hygiene, SV 104 Noise Dosimeter
- Gateway Safety Inc.: Head Protection, Serpent® Safety Helmet
- CBS Arcsafe, Inc.: Electrical Safety, RSA-12A
- Ansell: Hand Protection, HyFlex® 11-518
- Bradley Corporation, Emergency Showers & Eyewash, Bradley Swing-Activated Halo Eye/Face Wash Solutions
- Winter Walking: Foot Protection, ICEGRIPS® Rotor
- All Star Incentive Marketing: Incentives, PROPEL for Safety 5.0
- Big Ass Fans: Heat Stress Prevention, BAFWorks™ 2.0
- Circuit Breaker Analyzer, Inc.: EHS Software, Circuit Breaker Analyzer
- Salisbury by Honeywell: Electrical Safety, The Lift Front Hood
- Gensuite, LLC: EHS Software, Gensuite® Contractor Safety – Field Observation Module
- Paramount Safety Products: Protective Apparel, Prochoice Safety Gear Flip'n'Grip Tool Belt System
- Blackline GPS: Safety Monitoring Devices, Loner® IS
In addition to being honored today, the winners are featured on Occupational Health &
Safety's industry-leading website, www.ohsonline.com.
The DuPont Oval Logo and DuPont™ are registered trademarks or trademarks of DuPont or its affiliates.