With the power to cause serious property and environmental damage and even death, hurricanes are among the most devastating natural disasters. One of the few natural disasters that can be forecasted, it’s vital to know if you are within the path of a hurricane and how to prepare accordingly.
Planning for Disasters: Hurricanes outlines the steps to take before, during, and after a hurricane. The program helps employees:
- Know what items to have in an emergency supplies kit
- Secure their homes with good housekeeping
- Recognize areas to avoid at home during a hurricane
- Practice constant monitoring and communication
- Avoid post-hurricane hazards
- Conduct safe clean-up operations.