Operators & Their Responsibilities: Hand Tools is part five of the Operators & Their Responsibilities six-part training series.
This course describes the proper use and care of common hand tools used for routine maintenance - equipment lubrication, grease gun, screw drivers, hammers, wrenches, vises, clamps, socket sets, pliers, hacksaws, files, wedges and tubing, and small pipe tools.
Course objectives include:
- Explain how to use hand tools found in an operator??Ts toolbox
- Recognize the types of tools and which jobs the tool is used for
- Understand the potential risks and hazards of improper tool use
- How to inspect a tool to be sure it is in proper condition and fitness for the tool??Ts intended use
- Learn the best practices for each tool, which is critical for safety and personnel protection.
The Operator's Tool Box
Hand Tool Use and Care
Tools for Lubricating
- Lubrication Tools
- Grease Guns
Common Hand Tools
- Hammers and Wedges
- Chisels, Punches and Files
- Wrenches, Sockets and Ratchets
- Clamps and Vises
Tools for Cutting and Bending
- Knives and Saws
- Pliers and Wire Cutters
- Pipe and Tubing Tools