Operators & Their Responsibilities: Equipment Care is part six of the Operators & Their Responsibilities six-part training series.
Operators must accept custody of their equipment to properly care for it as if it were their own personal property. This course supplements material in the Mechanical Maintenance, Operator Inspection and Predictive Maintenance Series. In addition, this introductory course describes equipment care activities related to: heat exchangers, fired heaters, pressurized vessels and piping, tanks, drains and dikes, boilers/waste heat steam generators and steam turbines.
Course objectives include:
- Describe the benefits of equipment reliability programs
- Describe the operator's role in ensuring equipment reliability
- Provide examples of equipment conditions that are routinely monitored
- Describe equipment care tasks that the operator is typically responsible.
Caring for Equipment
- Equipment Reliability
- Routine Equipment Care
- Pressurized Vessels
- Piping and Valves
- Tanks, Drains and Dikes
Heat Exchange Equipment
- Heat Exchangers
- Fired Heaters
- Boilers and Waste Heat Steam Generators
- Cooling Towers and Fin Fans