Industrial Seals: Types, Materials & Properties is part one of the Industrial Seals three-part training series.
The course presents the basics about various types of gaskets, packing, and seals as well as the materials used to form them. Specific seals and applications covered include machinery seals, mechanical face seals, and compression packings.
Course objectives include:
- Describe the main features of mechanical face and cartridge seals
- Describe the various compression packages used in rotating and reciprocating machinery
- Identify packing and gasket materials by style, composition, and application
- Identify the various styles and arrangements of mechanical face seals
- Ensure compatibility between common seal rings, packing and gasket materials, and process fluids.
Types of Machinery Seals
- Static Seals
- Other Types of Seals
Mechanical Face Seals
- Operation of Mechanical Face Seals
- Seal Arrangements
- Seal Types
- Types of Compression Packing
- Materials Used to Make Packing
This workbook reinforces the purpose and objectives of the accompanying Industrial Seals: Types, Materials & Properties training program.
Workbooks contain lesson introductions, a practice and application area, and lesson progress checks to measure students' learning.