Industrial Seals: Mechanical Face Seals - Troubleshooting & Installation is part three of the Industrial Seals three-part training series.
The course is an introduction to the principles of mechanical face seals and the various procedures for removing, inspecting, troubleshooting, and installing mechanical seals in industrial machinery.
Course objectives include:
- Identify the different types, configurations, and uses of mechanical face seals
- Remove and inspect mechanical face seals
- Troubleshoot the most common failure modes of mechanical face seals
- Prepare, assemble, and install typical mechanical face seals.
Mechanical Face Seals Types and Life Expectancy
- Contacting and Non-Contacting Seals
- Indications of Short Seal Life
Removal and Troubleshooting
- Removal and Inspection
- Troubleshooting Primary Seal Problems
- Troubleshooting Secondary Seal Problems
Preparation and Installation of Face Seals
- Seal Installation
- Seal Inspection
This workbook reinforces the purpose and objectives of the accompanying Industrial Seals: Mechanical Face Seals - Troubleshooting & Installation training program.
Workbooks contain lesson introductions, a practice and application area, and lesson progress checks to measure students' learning.