Industrial Bearings: Maintenance & Installation is part two of the Industrial Bearings three-part training series.
Proper installation of bearings will increase their efficiency and length of service. Bearing life will also be maximized with proper storage and handling.
Course objectives include:
- Learn the proper way to install and care for both plain and rolling-element bearings
- Identify the different types of fittings for installation
- Check proper operating clearances
- Understand the importance of proper bearing alignment.
Storage and Handling
- Rolling-Element Bearings
- Plain Bearings
- Oiler Rings
- Radial and Axial Clearances
- Preload, Self-Alignment, and Bearing Removal
Lubrication and Operational Checks
- Bearing Lubrication and Equipment Checks
This workbook reinforces the purpose and objectives of the accompanying Industrial Bearings: Maintenance & Installation training program.
Workbooks contain lesson introductions, a practice and application area, and lesson progress checks to measure students' learning.