Insects may be small critters, but they can cause serious and even fatal consequences. This program, designed especially for public works, utility, government employees, grounds maintenance personnel or other outdoor workers, is essential for insect protection and general safety in a work environment.
- Preventing risks such as West Nile Virus
- Basic PPE
- Snakes, wasps, bees, fire ants
- First aid
Added features and benefits of DVD training include:
- A customizable PowerPoint presentation
- Informative training points and bonus material for refresher or training talks
- Video-enriched training organized by learning objectives that facilitates discussion
- A printable Leader's Guide
- Resourceful web links to organizations such as OSHA, FEMA, NSC and the CDC, where viewers can download and print information on regulatory standards.
Insects may be small, but they can cause serious and even fatal consequences. This course, designed especially for public works employees, utility workers, government employees, grounds maintenance personnel and other outdoor workers, provides essential information for their protection and general safety. It outlines measures to prevent West Nile Virus, explains basic PPE, cites the dangers from snakes, wasps, bees, fire ants and illustrates crucial first-aid principles.
Buzzing, Biting and Stinging Insects
- Mosquitoes, Bees and Wasps
- Fire Ants and Ticks
- Spiders and Caterpillars
Creeping, Crawling and Venomous Critters
- Venomous Snakes
- Rodents and Hantaviruses
Basic First Aid For Stings and Bites
- First Aid for Insect Stings
- First Aid for Snake Bites